The Colloquium for Information Systems Security Education invites you to participate in a FREE workshop on planning CISSE workshops for 2021. In the spirit of the 24th Colloquium, this session will be an interactive Zoom webinar with breakout spaces for networking.
December 18, 2020
- Eastern: main session 1PM - 3PM; follow-up discussion 4PM - 5PM
- Central: main session 12PM - 2PM; follow-up discussion 3PM - 4PM
- Mountain: main session 11AM - 1PM; follow-up discussion 2PM - 3PM
- Pacific: main session 10AM - 12PM; follow-up discussion 1PM - 2PM
- GMT: main session 6PM - 8PM; follow-up discussion 9PM - 10PM
The two objectives are to prioritize a list of CISSE workshops, and to brainstorm the theme for the 25th Colloquium (2021). Other items will be a brief touch base with follow-up.
- Select the Theme of The 2021 Colloquium to recommend to the Board of Directors
- Develop and prioritize the list of online workshops for the 2021 calendar year
- Discuss timing, logistics, cost defrayment, and participation preferences
- Identifying volunteer opportunities within The Colloquium, including maintaining CISSE social media, etc.
- Discussion of interest in starting CISSE chapters
- Determine how many workshops CISSE should host in 2021, and should they be directed at audiences such as young professors, Ph.D. students, new programs, etc.?
- Propose other suggests for The Colloquium to consider as a service to our members and in light of its mission
- Includes informal discussions and the opportunity to connect with peers.
Pedagogy and Program Design
- Teaching International Information Security standards and compliance methods
- Best practices for assuring security in a cybersecurity program
- Gamification of Cybersecurity Education and dynamic assessment
Program Inclusiveness and Culture
- Women in Cybersecurity Education
- Working with Veterans
- Cyber-morality - addressing ethics, privacy, and trust in cybersecurity education programs
Publications and Research
- Publication and Promotion Workshop
- Community Outreach Options - Engaging and Enhancing Awareness
- Tech Transfer in Academic Programs, providing growth and opportunities for faculty and students
Technological Innovation Review and Adoption
- Invitational Discussions on Innovative Teaching Techniques, led by leaders in the field
- Laboratory Innovations - Cloud and On Prem
- Online Techniques for Teaching Cybersecurity
- Automating functions of class management and grading with coding and other techniques. (Like IBM validation tools)
Questions about the event? Please contact: