This is a SECOND CALL for papers for the 14th International Conference on Cyber Warfare and Security (ICCWS 2019) which is being hosted by Stellenbosch University and the CSIR in Stellenbosch, South Africa on the 28 February to 1 March 2019. This call will close on 9th of August 2018.
ICCWS 2019 is an opportunity for academics, military personnel, practitioners and consultants from around the world who are involved in the study, management, development and implementation of systems and concepts to combat information warfare or to improve information systems security to come together and exchange ideas. There are several strong strands of research developing in the cyber warfare and cyber security area including the understanding of threats and risks to information systems, the development of a strong security culture, as well as incident detection and post incident investigation. New threats brought about by social networking and cloud computing are gaining interest from the research community and the conference is tackling these issues. This conference is continuing to establish itself as a key event for individuals working in the field from around the world.
Please consider submitting to this conference. We are interested in the entire range of concepts from theory to practice, including case studies, works-in-progress, and conceptual explorations.
For more information please go to: http://www.academic-conferences.org/conferences/iccws/iccws-call-for-papers/
In addition to the main conference topics, we invite submissions to the following confirmed mini tracks:
- Mini Track on Africa’s Contribution to Global Cybersecurity
- Mini Track on Big Data Privacy and Cloud Security
- Mini Track on Psychological Warfare, New Technologies and Political Instability in Contemporary World
Please see: http://www.academic-conferences.org/conferences/iccws/iccws-call-for-papers/iccws-mini-track/ for further details.
Academic research, case studies and work-in-progress/posters are welcomed approaches. PhD Research, proposals for roundtable discussions, non-academic contributions and product demonstrations based on the main themes are also invited.
Papers accepted for the ICCWS 2019 will be published in the conference proceedings, subject to author registration and payment. The conference proceedings have an ISSN (2049-9870) and will be assigned an ISBN on publication. Papers published in the proceedings will be considered for further development and publication in the following journals:
- International Journal of Information and Computer Security published by Inderscience ISSNs - online: 1744-1773 print: 1744-1765
- Journal of Information Warfare (classified by the Australian Research Council): (ISSN 1445-3312 (Printed) ISSN 1445-3347 (Online)
- International Journal of Cyber Warfare and Terrorism (IJCWT) published by Information Resources Management Association, USA. (DOI: 10.4018/IJCWT, ISSN: 1947-3435, EISSN: 1947-3443).
- International Journal of Electronic Security and Digital Forensics published by Inderscience UK (ISSN: 1751-1911X).
Papers accepted for the ICCWS 2019 will be published in the conference proceedings, subject to author registration and payment. The conference proceedings have an ISSN (2049-9870) and will be assigned an ISBN on publication.