The University of Chicago has a rapidly growing security program with many opportunities for a motivated person to work in a variety of roles and many technical areas. Everyone on our team takes part in day-to-day network monitoring and incident response as well as running our services, infrastructure, and projects.
The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of network protocols as well as experience administering Unix systems and scripting. Experience with netflow, SIEM, vulnerability management tools, or Metasploit would be a plus. We highly value teamwork and the ability to collaborate and communicate with a technical and non-technical audience.
The Information Security Engineer: This position is responsible for providing incident response, information security assessment, monitoring, and system administration under the general direction of the Information Security Officer and the Lead Information Security Engineer.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute IT Security Network Monitoring and Incident Response procedures.
- Lead or participate in IT Security projects.
- Administer IT Security systems, including updates, backups, and upgrades.
- Consult, advise, and provide security assessment services to application development or acquisition projects to assess security requirements and controls and to ensure that security controls are implemented as planned.
- Research security issues and contribute to IT Security communications, web pages, blogs, and awareness materials.
- Document internal processes, write security standards and guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned
If interested, please apply at https://jobopportunities.uchicago.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/position/JobDetails_css.jsp?postingId=673651.