Opportunities with technology and the Internet appear to have no limit. Academia is often at the forefront of expanding our ever-evolving cyber universe. As new ground is forged and the benefits of a digitally connected world are enhanced, academia has an opportunity to lead by example in ensuring the online practices of students, faculty, staff, alumni, and the community are as secure as possible.
The Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) Stop.Think.Connect. Campaign is launching an Academic Alliance, a nationwide network of non-profit colleges and universities committed to promoting safer online practices.
Join the Stop.Think.Connect. Academic Alliance to:
- Connect with nearly 100 government, academic, and nonprofit partners committed to increasing online safety
- Obtain cybersecurity tips, messaging, articles, and presentations
- Access DHS resources, tools, and subject matter experts
- Join monthly partner discussions highlighting current cyber issues and trends
- Exchange ideas and resources with other organizations involved with the Campaign
- Lead academia in cybersecurity awareness education
There are no fees or financial obligations associated with membership. Please send a written request to join and your school's logo to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the Campaign and educate your students, faculty, staff, alumni, and the community about secure online practices.
Academic Alliance members are asked to:
- Link to the Campaign's website, www.dhs.gov/stopthinkconnect
- Participate in National Cyber Security Awareness Month (October) by recognizing the month on social media channels, holding online discussions, hosting an event, sponsoring student challenges, or sharing tips in campus publications
- Share cyber safety resources with students, faculty, staff, alumni, and the community
- Host a cyber-focused event either in-person or via social media
Visit www.dhs.gov/stopthinkconnect or email email@example.com for more information about the Campaign.
The DHS Stop.Think.Connect. Campaign is a national public awareness effort, initiated by President Obama that seeks to guide the nation to a higher level of Internet safety by empowering the American public to be more vigilant about practicing safe online behavior. The Campaign seeks to persuade Americans to view Internet safety as a shared responsibility—at home, in the workplace, and in our communities.
Stop.Think.Connect. Academic Alliance (PDF)